2. Wake up earlier.
3. Work on YOUR to-do list, no on what’s on someone else’s list.
4. Focus first on the day’s highest value task.
5. Check email ONCE per day AFTER your most important tasks – I prefer late afternoon, that’s it.
6. Get down to “email zero” every day, ALWAYS. Don’t let things “lurk” in your inbox.
7. Don’t use your inbox to store tasks. Get them out of there and into your task management system.
8. Shut down any systems that notify you when you have messages (email, fb, Skype, mobile, etc.)
9. Stay signed out of facebook during “work hours”.
10. Stay signed out og Skype and other message programs, except when you NEED them.
11. Put your phone onto voicemail, stop taking unscheduled calls. You can return missed calls later.
12. Stay away from forums, unless using them SPECIFICALLY to generate leads.
13. Have “work time” and “play time” never have “in between time” when you’re trying to do both.
14. Only work on tasks that are on your to do list RIGHT NOW.
15. Keep a notepad with you at all times. As soon as you get the idea for a new task document it for later. DON’t react to it now.
16. Drink plenty of water.
17. Eat smaller meals and more of them.
18. Eat good stuff, give your body the fuel it needs.
19. Get moving during the day. Go for a walk, run….ANYTHING that gets you moving.
20. Clean up your workspace so that it’s free of clutter.
21. Clean up your computer so you don’t get any notifications while you’re working.
22. Stop checking your web stats several times a day. Check all of your stats at the end of the day and THAT’s It.
23. Apply to 80/20 rule – only do tasks that add real value to your business. Be honest when evaluating every task you do.
24. Avoid “multi-tasking”, focus on ONE thing at a time.
25. Only have ONE tab open on your internet browser, this should be what your working on RIGHT NOW.
26. Unplug your internet or turn off Wi-Fi when your task doesn’t require the internet.
27. Don’t let tasks clog up your brain – it will tire you out. Get everything into your task management system as soon as you think of it.
28. Get clear on WHY you’re working and what you’ll reward yourself with when you achieve your goals. Post pictures of this near your computer so that you’re always reminded.
29. Invest in your body like you do in your business. Hire a personal trainer and have them PUSH YOU like a mentor pushes you to improve your profits.
30. Remove email and facebook from your phone. Avoid using valuable energy to be “always checking”.
To get some interesting tips from Lee McIntyre check out his blog at http://www.getmoremomentum.com/news/
CLICK HERE to like us on Facebook